WELLNESS RESEARCH INSTITUTE LLC, dba SHORTLISTER
Last Updated: July 1, 2016
INFORMATION WRI COLLECTS ABOUT YOU
WRI may collect and store any information about you or your company that you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Identifying information (such as: name, job title, address, email address, telephone number, company name, company location, and company size)
- If you transact business with us, financial information (such as: payment method, credit card number, credit card type, credit card expiration date, or other financial information).
WRI may use various technologies, including “cookies,” to collect information from your computer and about your activities on our website.
- WRI automatically collects information from your browser when you access our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us, and the referring website address.
- When you access WRI’s website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies (to optimize your usage of our website). Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our website (such as the web pages you visit, the time and date of your visits, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site).
- Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the features offered on our website.
HOW WRI USES THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS
WRI may use the information it collects in the following ways:
- To provide you with requested services;
- To manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- To communicate with you about products or services that may be of interest to you (whether from us or from third-parties);
- To develop and display content tailored to your interests (both on our website and other websites);
- To perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our services;
- To perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, the content, products, services, or content offered by third-parties;
- To combine with de-identified information we collect from other sources to create “de-identified information” about you;
- To properly and efficiently operate our business;
- To perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection; and
- (With regard to financial information) To process payment for any purchases made on our website, enroll you in any discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
WITH WHOM WRI SHARES YOUR INFORMATION
WRI does not share your information with others except as indicated below. We may share information with:
- Service Providers: We may share your information with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include, but are not limited to: fulfilling orders, providing customer service, providing marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting surveys and other features offered through our website. We may also share your name, contact information, credit card information, and any other necessary information with our authorized service providers who process credit card payments. These service providers may have access to personal or company information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
WRI may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency;
- If we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud, or other wrongdoing;
- To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of WRI, our users, our employees, or others;
- (With regard to de-identified information) To third-parties (including, but not limited to: advisors, advertisers, and investors) for the purpose of conducting general business analysis or other business purposes;
- To establish or exercise our legal rights; and
- To otherwise meet the requirements of any applicable law or regulation.
- Though you may contact us to change or remove your data from our databases, WRI may retain some of your information as a result of normal archiving and back-up procedures associated with our website.
- We take appropriate security measures to help safeguard your information from unauthorized access and disclosure. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, we do not warrant, represent, or guarantee that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure.
- We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18.