WELLNESS RESEARCH INSTITUTE LLC, DBA Shortlister
Last Updated: May 1, 2019
· Information you provide to us:
When you register for the Site or update your account, we ask you to provide certain information such as your name, phone number, email address, and/or company name and address, and your credit card information. We also collect information when you participate in any interactive features of the Site, fill out a form, complete a survey, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us, or any other information you choose to provide to us.
· Information about your use of the Site:
We collect information about your use of the Site, such as the products you search for, preferences, etc.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use the Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
o Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to the Site.
o Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
o Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve the Site and your experience, see which areas and features of the Site are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
· Information from other sources:
We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with the information described above. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to, identity verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers and publicly available sources. We may also collect information about you from other users as they use our Site. For instance, we may collect information about you from other users if they contact us about you or from reviews they submit about you.
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve the Site, to market our products and services, to deliver the products and services you request and customize your experience with us, to process your account registration, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. We may also use the information we collect to:
· Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions and customer service requests;
· Communicate with you about products, services, and offers offered by Company and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
· Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Site;
· Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Company and others;
· Personalize and improve the Site and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests; and
· Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
· With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
· In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
· In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
· Between and among Company and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
· With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as authentication via LinkedIn), [which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa]. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
Company is based in the United States and we process and store information in the U.S. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of the EEA, when we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
· We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the Company products or services you have requested).
· We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to the Site, and to provide, secure, and improve the Site.
Data Subject Requests
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us as indicated below.
Questions or Complaints
If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
· Account Information. You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
· Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Site.
· Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Company by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
· Your California Privacy Rights. California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with third parties for the third parties’ own and independent direct marketing purposes unless we receive your permission.
Wellness Research Institute LLC, DBA Shortlister
1400 Renaissance Dr, Suite 306
Park Ridge, IL 60068