FRUIT STREET HEALTH - Meet A Vendor
Shortlister hosted the CEO and Founder of Fruit Street Health, Laurence Girard, for our Meet a Vendor Webinar series. Laurence discussed how Fruit Street Health delivers the CDC’s National Diabetes Prevention Program via group telehealth video conferencing with registered dietitians, wearable devices, and wireless scales. He familiarized us with the Fruit Street mobile application for dietary monitoring.
PROBLEM – RISING PREVALENCE AND COST OF PREDIABETES & OBESITY ON EMPLOYERS
- More than 1 in 3 adults in the United States are prediabetic and are at risk of developing Type 2 diabetes. 9 out of 10 don’t realize they have it.
- Employers face $9,601 more of healthcare cost burden per year for employees with Type 2 diabetes who can experience health complications such as stroke, heart attack, amputation, and blindness.
The challenge is: How do we identify who is “at risk” for prediabetes/diabetes among employees?
ABOUT FRUIT STREET HEALTH
Fruit Street Health was founded in 2014 as a Public Benefit Corporation to identify, target, and prevent the millions at high risk for developing prediabetes and Type 2 diabetes. They deliver the CDC’s National Diabetes Prevention Program in an engaging and empathetic way by using digital health technology and compassionate coaching.
SO WHY DOES WELLVIEW WORK?
Fruit Street’s Diabetes Prevention and Weight Loss Program replicates the in-person program through 26 1-hour long classes delivered over the course of 12 months via live group video conferencing on Zoom with Registered Dietitians.
Fruit Street participants are issued the following digital devices:
- Cellular Scale: Cellular bathroom scale for daily weigh-ins and monitoring.
- Fitbit: Fitbit Inspire Activity Trackers for tracking physical activity minutes.
Mobile App: Users take photos of their food, text message their coach and class group, view their scale and Fitbit data, and set weekly goals.
FRUIT STREET PROGRAM OUTCOMES
Fruit Street measures success based on CDC guidelines. With 4% weight loss, participants can expect to reduce their risk of type 2 diabetes by 58%. Fruit Street participants are going the extra mile, seeing even more success after their 4% weight loss.
THE FRUIT STREET DIFFERENCE
- Registered Dietitians – Fruit Street participants are assigned a dedicated Registered Dietitian who tracks dietary outcomes and oﬀers guidance and support.
- Live Classes – Fruit Street virtual classes are LIVE and happening weekly to give participants opportunities to understand the content in real-time better.
- Integrations – They oﬀer a seamless integration of the Client and the Fruit Street program.
- Group Support – Studies show that group support improves clinical outcomes, which is why all participants are part of the same group and have the same dietitian for the course of the program.
- Funded by Physicians – Fruit Street is fully funded, backed, and facilitated by physicians and healthcare professionals.
- Compliance – HIPAA, HITRUST, SOC2 Compliant and have CDC-Full Recognition.
WHY NOW? OBESITY, DIABETES, AND DIGITAL HEALTH ARE GROWING
There are 88 million prediabetic Americans, and 75% of them are overweight or obese. It is time to be an advocate for a solution that is:
- Saving thousands for each at-risk employee
- Decreasing Turnover
- Increasing job satisfaction
- Enhancing recruitment
- Boosting team effectiveness
Healthy employees lead to a healthy company – preventing chronic illnesses and weight loss can help businesses thrive and reduce costs.
In case you missed it: Log in to access the full Meet A Vendor Presentation!
Not a subscriber? Let’s get in touch!