Intent data provides a collection of information about prospects and their online activities. When online users or companies are doing extensive research to find solutions to their pain points, their online activity creates subtle buying signals that unveil their intent.
The valuable dataset of intent data successfully identifies buyers’ location in their purchase journey.
The statistics below show how intent data can help companies better understand prospects and offer adequate solutions to their needs.
Intent Data Statistics
- Only 25% of B2B companies are currently using intent data and monitoring tools. (ABM Benchmark Survey Report, 2017)
- B2B buyers conduct an average of 12 online searches before visiting a specific brand’s website. (The changing face of B2B marketing | Google, 2015)
- 89% of B2B researchers use the internet during the B2B research process. (The changing face of B2B marketing | Google, 2015)
- Today’s business buyers do not contact suppliers directly until 57% of the purchase process is complete (B2B’s Digital Evolution | Google, 2013)
- 16% of marketers say outbound practices provide the highest quality leads for sales (State of Inbound report | HubSpot, 2017)
- Only 46% of sales reps receive data insights on customers’ propensity to buy. (Salesforce, 2019)
- Prospects spend 50% of their time seeking information from third-party sources. (Emerging Technology Analysis: Leveraging Intent Data for Marketing and Demand Generation | Gartner, 2020)
- By the end of 2022, more than 70% of B2B marketers will utilize third-party intent data to target prospects or engage groups of buyers in selected accounts. (Emerging Technology Analysis: Leveraging Intent Data for Marketing and Demand Generation | Gartner, 2020)
- According to Lead Connect, 78% of customers buy from a company that responds to their inquiries first. (The Complete List of October 2020 Product Updates | HubSpot, 2020)
- 99% of large companies are using intent data. (Insights for Professionals, 2020)
- Over half of marketers combine first-party and third-party data. (Insights for Professionals, 2020)
- Almost 40% of businesses are spending more than half of their marketing budget on intent data, and 70% plan on increasing spending on intent data next year. (Insights for Professionals, 2020)