BHS – Meet A Vendor
Shortlister hosted BHS’s National Director of Business Development, Peter Hendrixson, to share how Mental Health Rx provides organizations with the right strategy, training, tools, and resources to create a stigma-free, mentally healthy workplace.
MENTAL HEALTH STIGMA
Employers often have no clear plan to identify and address the mental health needs of their workplace.
- 60% have never talked to someone at work about their own mental health
- Only 48% have positive experiences with talking about their mental health
- Less than one-third are comfortable talking with their company’s HR and senior leaders about mental health at work
This means that the most relevant decision-makers in the workplace are the least likely to know about the mental health challenges their employees face.
THE COST OF HAVING NO PLAN
Surveys show that mental health issues in the workplace are already costing US companies enormous amounts of money, and COVID has made it much, much worse.
- Nearly 70% of American workers reported that the COVID-19 pandemic has been the most stressful time of their career
- 88% of employees reported moderate to extreme stress in the early months of the pandemic
- 58% of U.S. workers are burned out
WHAT IS MENTAL HEALTH RX?
Mental Health Rx is built to give employer groups a plan to identify and address the mental health needs of their workplace.
Mental Health Rx provides organizations with a mental health strategy that includes the following core services:
- A diagnostic report outlining assessment results and insights
- Annual training for leaders, supervisors, and employees
- 24/7 access to trusted BHS clinicians for in-the-moment mental health support for all employees
- 1:1 guidance for supervisors to help support employees
HOW DOES MENTAL HEALTH RX WORKS?
Mental Health Rx follows a simple five-step process designed to identify mental health trends in the workplace. Based on that, they form an action plan to address any issues that are discovered.
It works like this:
- Examination – thorough assessment of your organization’s mental health needs
- Diagnosis – analyze the data and explain the results with key stakeholders
- Prescription – recommend solutions and suggest a mental health strategy to meet your unique goals
- Treatment – deliver a strategic plan to keep your organization focused and on track
- Progress – analyze results, report outcomes, and adjust interventions as needed
TRAINING FOR EMPLOYEES AT ALL LEVELS
The core of the treatment program is Annual Online Training for Employees, Supervisors, and Leaders. There are five modules altogether:
- Module 1: Introduction to Mental Health
- Module 2: Signs and Symptoms of Common Mental Illnesses
- Module 3: Your Role as an Employee
- Module 4: Your Role as a Supervisor
- Module 5: Your Role as a Leader
A mentally healthy workplace is one where workplace risk factors are acknowledged, understood, and appropriately actioned to minimize their potential negative impact on employees’ mental well-being. Creating a mentally healthy workplace is about building on the positive aspects of your working environment and taking steps to reduce any risk factors for stress. Mental Health Rx helps employers mitigate behavioral risks and improve workplace culture effectively.