QUIT GENIUS - Meet A Vendor
Shortlister hosted Ed Daley, SVP of Sales at Quit Genius to share the financial and business impacts of employees’ addictions and what employers can do to combat addiction in their organization.
THE COST OF ADDICTION
Substance misuse is on the rise and COVID-19 has only amplified the problem. In fact, 40 million Americans had a substance use disorder in 2020, and over 1 in 4 remote workers reported going to work impaired by drugs or alcohol in 2020. As the pandemic begins to pivot into new stages, it is clear that the behaviors of today will become the addictions of tomorrow. Unfortunately, medical spending and lost productivity, due to addiction, are costing employers more than $25 billion per year.
QUIT GENIUS: WORLD’S FIRST VIRTUAL CLINIC FOR ADDICTION TREATMENT
Quit Genius is the world’s first digital clinic for treating substance addictions. The company was started by three medical doctors who saw first-hand the toll that substance use disorders had on the lives of their patients.
Built on the evidence-based practice of Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT), Quit Genius combines virtual behavioral therapy with approved medication and connected devices to help employers tackle the high cost of addiction in the workplace while improving the lives of their employees.
Alcohol, opioid, and tobacco/nicotine are the top three addictions most commonly found in the workplace, resulting in the employer’s most tremendous cost. This is where solutions like Quit Genius come in handy.
Their treatment programs are clinically based, physician-led, and are delivered entirely in a virtual manner. This approach overcomes the three primary problems related to the traditional addiction treatment delivery model:
THE QUIT GENIUS APPROACH
There are six key elements that make up the Quit Genius program:
- Physician-led clinical care – a network of licensed physicians and nurse practitioners provide telehealth consultations through the platform.
- Addiction recovery counselors – delivering unlimited and highly personalized behavioral therapy via message, voice, and video sessions.
- Medication management and fulfillment – Quit Genius fulfills prescriptions directly and discreetly to the member’s home or integrates with pharmacy benefit managers.
- Remote Monitoring – measuring adherence and outcomes through a set of remote monitoring devices including connected breathalyzers for the tobacco and alcohol programs and a urinary test kit for the opioid program.
- Personalized digital CBT – Members are delivered a curated set of digital CBT-based content based on their own triggers which they complete on-demand and in between counseling sessions.
- Social Support – Counselors provide invaluable social support for the participants. They also are able to provide tools and resources for the participant’s family and social network to aid the supporting the participant along their journey of recovery.
Quit Genius has helped more than 750,000 people improve their lives and conquer their addictions. The average success rate for people in the Quit Genius tobacco program is 52 percent, far higher than traditional methods. Members enrolled in the Quit Genius alcohol program have a 62 percent reduction in alcohol use frequency within the first 30 days of care. They firmly believe that anyone who needs help with a substance use disorder should have access to effective treatment that is affordable and that delivers on the promise.
Quit Genius is on a mission to help 100M people overcome their addiction by 2030 – aiming to save lives while saving money and improving workforce productivity at the same time.
Log in to access the full Meet A Vendor Presentation!
Not a subscriber? Let’s get in touch!